Within Year 4, pupils have a 30 minute session with Mr Parry where they are learning to play the ukulele.
These are the skills they are focusing on:
- Learning how to hold the ukulele.
- Learning how to strum and pluck the ukulele strings.
- Learn the names of the strings and the parts of the ukulele.
- Learning basics of music theory such as notation, rhythm, tempo and dynamics.
- Learn different chord positions.
- Learn songs using different chords.
- Singing and playing.
- Learning how to play riffs on individual strings.