Within Year 5 pupils have a 30 minute session each week where they are learning to play the guitar. The skills they are focusing on are:
- Learning how to hold the guitar.
- Learning how to strum and pluck the guitar strings.
- Learn the names of the strings and the parts of the guitar
- Learn more advanced music theory such as more intricate notation, more complex rhythms and a wider range of dynamic and tempo language, as well as introducing the idea of texture and timbre.
- Learn different chord positions.
- Learn songs using different chords.
- Singing and playing.
- Learning how to play riffs on individual strings.
- Group playing.