EYFS/KS1 Ideas for musical activities at home from Mrs. Cripps:
1. Learn to play a musical instrument- If you or your parents have an instrument at home, now has never been a better time to try and learn how to play it. You can find lots of online instrumental lessons. Rehearse a little each day and soon you'll be performing your new skills to the rest of you family!
2. Karaoke Time- Enjoy singing and dancing along to your favourite songs with your family. If you haven't got a microphone then a wooden spoon will work just as well!
3. Make up your own music- Enjoy making up your own pieces of music using instruments that you may already have at home. This could be as simple as using kitchen pots and pans! You could even try making up your own song and lyrics using your voice.
4. What's that sound?- Take time to listen to the sounds that you can hear in your house or in your garden. What different noises can you hear? Which ones are quiet/loud?
5. Fun with rhythms- Create your own patterns of sounds using body percussion, vocal sounds or any instruments that you may have at home. Can you play the rhythm of your name or favourite food?
6. Strictly Come Dancing- Choose a song that you like and have a boogie! Can you make up your own dance moves to the song? Create a routine and teach it to your family!